More often, in the network we can find reviews of Magetno as the best platform for creating online stores. Today Magento is one of the most advanced e-commerce solutions online. Many business owners and developers are looking for a solution that has amazing functionality, flexibility, and stable enough to cope with high loads. Magento has all these qualities and even more options. Our company has more than 5 years developing Internet stores and internal corporate portals on this platform and decided to share their knowledge and experience.
Consider Magento CE (Comunity Edition)
Magento CE targets:
- to work with content (module CMS);
- to solve marketing goals (possibility of promotions, providing discounts to registered users or discounts for certain user groups, the possibility of forming prices depending on the amount of goods ordered and so on; this is not a full list);
- to cooperate with customers;
- platform has built in a very convenient CRM system, the possibility of counting and printing checks.
1. Multistore (Multiple stores in one admin)
Magento – designed in such way that you can create multiple stores, so as follows the same product can be displayed in several stores (convenient for changing the price of the goods, it changes automatically to all stores). It is also possible to sell the same product at different prices in different stores. For each type of store there is the store view, for example, the site in English, the site Russian, the site application for smartphones, etc. Also there is an ability to manage the design, even for particular pages (product categories, product cards, promotional pages.)
Magentoit uses a EAV (Entity Attribute Value) for data storage. So there are essences – Entity (category, product, customer) and they have attributes that you can create by yourself (eg. for goods – name, product, price, size, color, cost, etc.)
3. The attribute visability
Due to the site structure described above, in Magentothere are three types of the attribute visibility:
– GLOBAL (applies to all types of stores – globally)
– For STORE (applies to all kinds of specific store)
– For the type of store, STORE VIEW (applicable to a particular type (design) store)
When you create a product should remember in which scope you plan to specify the attributes.
4. Design /Themes
There are a lot of paid and free templates (designs) for Magento. This makes the product more affordable, because to set a new design you can do by yourself, without the involvement of programmers. The flexibility of the platform allows you to implement any design decision.
5. Product catalog
The catalog of products provided attached categories (there is no limit for the level of attachments) tags, lists the characteristics of goods, sorting, comparing products, called Layered Navigation – multilevel navigation – in other words filtering attributes catalog (very useful thing).
You can upload to catalog multiple photos to create cross-selling and similar (recommended) products.
6. Static pages
The platform also makes it easy to create static pages, which is convenient if you want to put some information, such as delivery.
7. Forming the order
• A single order;
• Support for SSL-safe work with orders, from beginning to the end;
• Delivery to multiple addresses in one order;
• Ordering without registration;
• Shopping cart includes tax and shipping costs (you can set the prices dependent on the place of delivery);
• Ordering authorized client using filled up contacts;
• The option to create an account in the beginning of forming the order;
• Device of gift certificates for each order and for each product;
• Saving shopping cart with customized expiration date.
Definite platform pluses are:
• Huge opportunities for price management – you can create a discount on products with a certain attribute value (characteristic of a particular group of users, and you can specify the duration of the promotion. You can give the promotion “when buying this product you’ll get this gift”, do free shipping, give a gift cards.
• Another possibility – changing the design of individual pages for promotions (page category, separate goods, static page).
• Users can do evaluation of the product (add comments) using several scales, add tags, do the whishlist.
• Export and import of goods through excel-file.
• A huge number of ready extensions which will help make your site better.
The store control panel has lots of functionality. To learn it, you need more than one day. As it was already mentioned there is import and export of goods, moderating user-generated content, service of mailings, catalog management, management of CMS, and also various statistics and reports.
Magento is written in Zend Framework, which positively affects the architecture and will be pleasant thing for programmers. Coding UTF-8. Volume of the unpacked distribution is about 60 MB with a database of about 300 tables innoDB.
Support and documentation
In recent years, the popularity of magenta in the CIS market grows rapidly. This shows that large companies such as Allo, Comfy – developed their online megastores on the platform Magento. In addition, we admit that 90% of Magento developers are in Ukraine. In the Internet you can find a lot of information that helps programmers and also there are clear instructions and recommendations how to use Magento for business owners.
Overview Magento platform for online stores:
1. Flexible platform that allows to bring any design decision to life.
2. Store that is made on Magento has easy navigation and filtering system for quick selection of the correct product. You can evaluate how convenient and functional can be navigation of the site, which will be appreciated by visitors making the purchase.
3. The individuality of each page. Each product group has its own characteristics that should be noticed. When a buyer will open your site, will serf to different pages, will remember it for a long time, and will return to you for sure.
4. Convenient product selecting system. A client finds a product, he chooses the color, size, or other settings, and adds to the shopping cart.
5. Ability to attach the different products. For example, to a laptop you can attach a bag and a mouse. Also for convenience page catalog is shown, where was the buyer so he could quickly return or compare and make a purchase.
6. Variety of languages, discounts, gift certificates, personal account of the buyer, tracking orders for delivery, wish list, mailing, reviews, search, shopping cart, and more.
7. Maximum simplicity of site optimization for fast and effective promotion in search engines.More often, in the network you can find the mentioning that Magetno is the best platform for creating online stores. Today Magento is one of the most advanced e-commerce solutions. Many business owners and developers are looking for a solution that has amazing functionality, flexibility, and stable enough to cope with high loads. Magento has all these requirements and more. Our company has more than 5 years of experience in developing Internet stores and internal corporate portals on this platform and decided to share our knowledge and experience.